Aljezur is a small village dominated by the ruins of castelo.Um Moorish Castle where our eyes reach the most beautiful sea views and serra.Foi initially occupied by the Moors in the tenth century and conquered by Christian troops in 1246 . The only trace beyond the castle is the Misericordia church built in the sixteenth century and rebuilt after the earthquake of 1755. In the wide 5 October there is a pillory the sixteenth century.
The new part of the village is separated Old for a very fertile valley "the lowland Aljezur" and the river.
From the beaches that grace the landscape of the county who have the best access are Arrifana, Monte Clérigo and Amoreira. The 18 km north of Aljezur is the village of Odeceixe. The beach Odeceixe turned this quiet village into a real holiday resort.